Production and energy management system
Improving the parameters and efficiency of devices is the basic goal of industrial plants and municipal enterprises – due to this, it is possible to optimize costs and rationally manage the company’s resources – material, equipment and human capital.
SoftBlue SA has designed an innovative solution that will help increase efficiency in all these areas. It is based on a technologically advanced ADC (Autonomous Data Controller) recorder.
The device records and analyzes data from devices belonging to one machine, installation or switching station. It is completely autonomous – it does not require connection to the server as well as installation of databases or purchase of subscription cloud services. The ADC recorder works in a comprehensive manner and enables the acquisition, archiving and data processing as well as the presentation of analysis results.
Application of ADC
The purpose of using the device is to obtain detailed knowledge about the operation of a production machine or ducting and to support the inference process (supervision, diagnostics, optimization).
The source of data can be :
- measuring devices such as meters of energy, heat, compressed air, gas, etc.,
- binary signals, e.g. machine status (work, failure), signal about the part production,
- information from additional devices such as: Beacon reader (recognizing the operator near the machine), RFID card reader, barcode reader (product code), etc.
Simplicity of implementation and use
One of the basic assumptions is the maximum simplification of the ADC configuration and implementation process. The user will be able to use predefined configurations – both typical measuring devices and typical data analysis functions, e.g. power profile determination, anomaly detection, etc.
The implementation process consists of a few simple steps:
- mounting the ADC on a DIN35 rail,
- connection of monitored devices or signals,
- simple configuration of data acquisition through the ADC recorder website,
- selection of predefined analytical dashboards (or creating your own).
The user can observe the operation of the machine or installation on dashboards presenting the results of data analysis. In a situation requiring notification, an e-mail will be sent to the defined addresses.
Not only media monitoring
By linking data on media consumption, production and machine operator, cross-sectional analyzes are possible, for example: production efficiency for the operator or shift, machine failure depending on the operator or component, downtime, energy losses between real production periods and many others.
- source data available for higher-level systems,
- processed data available for higher-level systems,
- data visualization in the form of dashboards (charts, indicators, tables) available via the Web-server (website),
- activation of two binary outputs in accordance with the introduced configuration.
Sample analytical dashboards:
- power guard for electricity, gas and other utilities,
- summing up energy consumption for a shift, product batch, retail,
- comparison of production efficiency for different operators,
- determining the actual machine uptime on the basis of energy consumption,
- determination of OEE indicators (Overall Equipment Effectiveness),
- detection of anomalies in the parameters of the production process.
ADC Recorder is an easy-to-use solution that provides valuable information facilitating conscious management of production and resource consumption. The integration of ADC with other management optimization systems implemented in enterprises will allow to maximize the efficiency of operations and key parameters, i.e. OEE.
We invite integrators to cooperate.